A Stitchdown Smokejumper Built for The Season at Hand or Ahead
A boot backed by the legend of the Original Smokejumper, but now available in an NFPA-certified, stitchdown construction model. As a part of our initiative to stock more ready-to-ship styles in inventory, this addition to our fire line makes it so mid-season mishaps or last-minute needs can be quickly met with the confidence you have in a White’s boot. The stitchdown Smokejumper is hand-lasted and hand-bottomed by our master bootmakers with Vibram’s® Fire & Ice White dot sole on our 4811 Arch-Ease Last. A century of history and research, available now, so you can get to work sooner.
- 10" Full Grain Water-Resistant Leather Upper
- Leather Midsole & Shank
- for a custom fit and feel
- Vibram® Fire & Ice White Dot Sole
- for increased safety and security in harsh environments
- 4811 Arch-Ease™ Last
- with a high arch for optimal comfort
Our stitchdown construction type offers a more secure fit and feel than a Goodyear Welted boot, but takes much less time to manufacture than our true hand-sewn stitchdowns. Still hand-lasted and hand-bottomed, the liner of our stitchdown boots is glued down to the bottom of the insole. Then the vamp is turned out, and the midsole and bottom are machine-stitched together through the vamp. Removing the hand-welting process shortens the production time significantly, allowing us to offer a rugged, comfortable boot without the high price of a truly hand-sewn boot.
- Model = C409V
- NFPA Certified
- Stitchdown Construction
- Rebuildable/ Resoleable
- Fire Resistant Technora® Thread
- All of White's boots can be customized to suit your preferences. Restrictions apply for NFPA-certified proudcts. For more information, call us at (828)634-7731 or White's order department at (800)541-3786
- Built to Last
Size & Fit
White's boot last run large. This means most people should take a half size down from their natural shoe size, or Brannock measurement. On our highest arched lasts, a full size may be necessary as the arch support shortens the overall length of the foot during wear.
For more sizing info, visit us at 73 W. Palmer Street, Franklin, NC, or visit White's Fitting Guide.